Administrative Assistant to COO
This Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities. Incumbent will be responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical duties.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers by accurately and courteously addressing customer questions and processing customer request.
- Assists with back-office operations and customer service group when needed.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in developing and administrating training programs and other projects as needed.
- Perform research, compile spreadsheets, track and collect data as required.
- Prepare memos and data for distribution as directed by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer with various back-office operations.
- Schedule appointments and answer calls to assist customers as needed.
- Prepare all documents and summarize meetings.
- Work with core vendor ticketing system.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five (5) years of banking experience with account opening and customer service.
- Above average math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and general knowledge of bookkeeping accounting procedures obtained through work experience.
- Proficient computer experience in excel and word.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Professional and deadline oriented environment in an office setting.
- Frequent contact with external and internal customers, including disgruntled customers.
- Work involves potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be preformed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.