The Credit Analyst is responsible for administering Kaw Valley Bank’s entire loan portfolio by ensuring sound credit practices, proper documentation, analysis and adherence to credit policies.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides credit analysis for the lending activities of the Bank by analyzing financial information on borrowers and guarantors. Performs global cash flow analysis when necessary
- Underwrites, analyzes and prepares loan presentations for Commercial and Business banking loans.
- Analyzes the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Ensures overall bank loan documentation and credit file administration is complete and consistent with loan policy. Directs and oversees processes to ensure loans comply with contractual and legal terms of the credit (i.e. financial covenant tracking, borrowing base certification, lien/collateral perfection, and related terms).
- Monitors loans to ensure proper documentation with respect to items such as periodic calculation of ratios to determine financial compliance. Provides accurate financial analysis.
- Prepares credit metrics reports (i.e. LTV, Debt Service Coverage, Credit Ratios) for impact on credit quality and efficiency, or other analytical projects as assigned.
- Validates credit risk ratings and loan structure (i.e. pricing, credit compliance & appropriate accounting treatment such as TDR/Non-Accrual).
- Ensures credit systems are designed based on current credit risk profile and ensure confirmations are delivered and analyzed for Asset-Based (Account Receivable) loans.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in a business or finance related field. In lieu of degree, equivalent experience may be accepted.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in credit risk management, internal/external loan review, and/or previous credit analyst experience. One (1) to three (3) years previous lending experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with quantitative analysis methods such as stress testing, regression, loss forecasting, global cash flow analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of loan documentation, appraisal analysis.
- Must possess discretion, good judgment, and organizational and analytical skills and able to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Must have thorough understanding of financial data such as tax returns, accountant prepared documents, cash flow, balance sheet, profit & loss, and collateral dynamics of customer’s properties and geographic area.