Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for opening and processing all new account transactions. Additionally, this role assists customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services. The Customer Service Representative promotes business for Kaw Valley Bank ("Bank") through their professional demeanor and ability to cultivate customer relationships while having the knowledge to suggest other bank products and direct the customer and additional staff.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conversate with new and existing customers to learn their banking needs. Open, maintain, and cross sell various accounts including checking, savings, individual retirement accounts, certificates of deposit, and safe deposit boxes for new and existing customers while finding the right solutions for their banking needs.
- Accurately maintains and monitors all account types to ensure accounts balance and are properly funded, non-active accounts are properly closed, and interest rates are properly adjusted. Retain accurate records and verify, scan , and index account documents.
- Generate and review various reports and use this information to retain accurate information on accounts, process internal transactions, and mailing notices to customers.
- Assists with safe deposit box access and manages sign in procedures.
- Oversees vault access logs and balances lobby vaults daily.
- Answers phone calls with professionalism in a prompt and courteous manner and provides any requested information to them via fax, email or mail.
- Cross trains and assists with Teller duties as needed.
- Ensures that all applicable policies and regulations are being adhered to.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED, or equivalent experience.
- One (1) year of banking experience or experience in a closely related field preferred.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must have high level of written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make decisions quickly while using good judgement.
- Must demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attituded, and follow policies and procedures.
- Must be an independent worker, able to use critical thinking skills and current resources to find solutions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to routinely perform work on a computer for long lenghs of time.
- Ability to defuse tense situations.