Head of Loan Administration
The Head of Loan Administration is responsible for working directly with the Bank's lending staff to process our loan portfolio, which includes consumer, residential real estate, agriculture, and commercial loans. Ongoing responsibilities include the day-to-day management of the Loan Operations Department. Participating in strategic direction for commercial/consumer/mortgage banking initiatives; providing direct training to allow those persons to perform and manage effectively. This position will operate as a subject matter expert both within Loan Operations and in regards loan accounting issues, procedural issues and technical issues.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with our lending staff to process and close loan request/applications.
- Mentor and train other loan processors on proper procedures.
- Responsible for managing the Loan Operations Department by ensuring accurate and timely serving of the Bank's loan portfolio, overseeing the production of loan documentation relating to the opening, servicing and closing of all loans, and ensuring loans and agreements comply with state and federal laws, regulations and Bank lending policies and procedures.
- Ensures department activities run smoothly and efficiently; provides leadership, training and supervision with in the department; provides a high level of customer relations and service; performs direct supervisory duties of department staff, coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of the department; and is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of servicing loans.
- Monitors staff in loan documentation preparation and quality control, and ensures the organization of the department, coordinating available resources, (eg. staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, and monitors compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulations and the Bank's lending policies and procedures.
- Consistently applies superior decision-making techniques pertaining to inquires, approvals, requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Ensures implementation and compliance to meet security precautions and protect customer loans, collateral, Bank assets and staff.
- Responsible for the overall loan operations management and oversight of the commercial, real estate, mortgage, an consumer loan accounting systems, processes and loan operations staff.
- This position will oversee the team's training and development, periodic staff reviews, problem resolution, and ensuring that the department meets its goals.
- Supervise all aspects of loan operations including generation of loan documents, payoffs, draw requests, collateral management, post-closing functions, document imaging, e-signature and balancing general ledger accounts.
- Be responsible for timely preparation reports including but not limited to Board, SBA, regulatory, audit, and external loan review.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in financial services operations.
- Previous experience in commercial banking loan operations with increasing level of supervisory/manager responsibility.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Strong knowledge of all loan operations functions.
- Previous experience in loan processing/administration. Knowledge/experience in residential real estate loan processing is required.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, aptitude for numbers and orientation towards detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.