Mortgage Loan Advisor
The Mortgage Loan Advisor is responsible for producing high quality residential loans that meet agency and Kaw Valley Bank guidelines by building and maintaining relationships with Realtors, builders, new homes sales representatives, bank officers and team members, financial professionals, past customer and other nontraditional sources.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Educate prospective and existing customers on KVBM program offerings, rates, underwriting requirements, loan policies and procedures and the home buying process.
- Gather complete customer loan applications, gather initial income and asset documents, quote rate and points through the completion of locking the loan.
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data to advise customers with appropriate loan programs to match their needs and level of risk.
- Proficient knowledge of real estate transactions, real estate appraisals, title reports, and escrow accounts.
- Develop and maintain a high level of visibility for KVBM in the marketplace.
- Seek and pursue continuous training opportunities to build knowledge of mortgage products, policies, and procedures, underwriting requirements and updated changes to mortgage legislation at both the Federal and State level.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 2-3 years of sales and development experience in mortgage, banking, or financial services industry.
- Must have or be able to obtain NMLS registration prior to time of employment.
- Working knowledge of Loan Origination Software (LOS) systems.
- Documented residential mortgage funding for the past 12 months referred from established, local, internal/external sources.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to set and meet priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Willing and able to implement an annual Business/Marketing plan.
- Agility to project a high degree of professionalism and positive image of themselves and Kaw Valley Bank.