SMART CARDS & CHIP TECHNOLOGY
- What to Know About Credit and Debit Cards
- Click here for more information.
- Your identity has been stolen, now what?
- For the latest consumer education visit the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. To learn more visit CFPB Consumer Information.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) prevents business practices that are unfair or deceptive to consumers. Visit www.ftc.gov to discover all the resources they have available.
FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION
- FDIC offers a variety of articles offering helpful hints and common-sense strategies on topics ranging from finding the right bank account to protecting against fraud and simplifying your financial life. Please follow this link to read tips for getting more out of your checking and savings.
- Please take the time to read about the appropriate steps to take to help avoid fraud and other cyber threats when doing banking online or on any mobile devices. To educate consumers, the FDIC provides the following information. For consumer related issues please follow this link. For business related issues, please follow this link.
UNITED STATES COMPUTER EMERGENCY READINESS TEAM
- US-Cert strives for a safer, stronger Internet for all Americans by responding to major incidents, analyzing threats and exchanging critical cybersecurity information with trusted partners around the world. Click HERE to read about the latest from the Department of the Homeland Security.
CURRENT ALERTS AND SCAMS
- Credit-Card Fraudsters Pump Gas Stations for Profit. Click HERE to read more.
- Criminals are actively using e-mail schemes to defraud financial institutions and their customers. The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCen) has issued and advisory. For more information please follow this link.
PLANNING FOR RETIREMENT
- When should I start collecting my Social Security Retirement Benefits? The consumer Protection Bureau has a great interactive online tool to help you decide. Click HERE to learn more.