History

Kaw Valley Bank Past and Present

Kaw Valley Bank is an independent, locally-owned, full-service bank with a history of service to Topeka for over 145 years.

We developed from the merger of four banks over time. The present ownership dates from the 1920's when Glenn Swogger, Sr. and his father acquired a bank; they operated in a small building, with the bank in front and the family living in back. The Kaw Valley National Bank was acquired during the depression and the combination became the Kaw Valley State Bank and Trust.

Glenn Swogger, Sr. led the growth and development of the bank until he retired in 1982. At that time Gerald Lauber became President and shortly thereafter Dr. Glenn Swogger, Jr. became Chairman. Since then the assets of the bank have continued to grow.

We have always emphasized exceptional personalized customer service and a willingness to make commercial loans based on character and business ability rather than wealth, balance sheets, or impersonal criteria. This is a way of doing business that we still practice, even given the tremendous changes in the banking industry over the years, and which has given us an outstanding reputation in the Topeka business and legal communities. In addition to our regular banking and loan operations, our Trust Department is renowned for its professionalism and client relations as well.

Our pioneering spirit and commitment to exceptional customer care continues even into the age of high-tech banking and global travel. We were one of the first banks in Kansas to offer 24-hour telephone access, have a website, and provide check imaging, we provide free online banking and bill pay. And now we have GoMobile, our mobile banking system, with mobile deposit.

View our Statement of Condition.

NOTICE: Kaw Valley Bank is not responsible for and has no control over the subject matter, content, information, or
graphics of the web sites that have links here. Please contact us with any concerns or comments.