Loan Operations Assistant
The Loan Operations Assistant is responsible for processing and maintaining consumer and commercial loans throughout the life of the loan in a professional, efficient manner.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Separates and distributes loan notices to the Loan Officers. Files closed loan histories and pulls paid and renewed loans out of loan cabinets.
- Accurately balances daily loan totals to the general ledger.
- Posts all activity to loan accounts including extensions, draws, renewals, and payments.
- Reviews and corrects transaction errors.
- Inputs data from consumer and commercial worksheets to prepare all loan documents for closing. Reviews and corrects errors as required.
- Funds and transfers all loans from the loan platform.
- Processes uniform Commercial Codes (UCC), Notice of Security Interest (NOSI) and title applications online or manually, as required.
- Posts dealer floor plans in a timely manner and accurately balances floor plans each month.
- Processes Garnishments, bankruptcy payments and adds charged off checking and savings accounts to Chexsystems.
- Prepares new Contract for Deeds. Process payments, pay the taxes and insurance, and any other maintenance needed on the accounts.
- Updates the New Money, Loan Approval and Loan Committee spreadsheets.
- Orders loan coupon books.
- Run various reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.
- Answers incoming loan calls in a polite and efficient manner. Serves as backup phone operator in absence of regular operator.
- Works with Loan Officers and Loan Assistants to complete daily goals.
- Performs Customer Information File (CIF) and loan maintenance as required.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, aptitude for numbers and orientation towards detail.
- Ability to prioritize job duties.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Must be able to physically type on a keyboard with an above average knowledge of computers.
- Must demonstrate good working habits, maintain a professional appearance, attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with external and internal customers, including disgruntled customers.