The Loan Processor is responsible for providing Loan Documentation utilizing various programs. One will promote business for Kaw Valley Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists loan officer in preparing consumer, commercial, and real estate loan documents in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with banks loan policy and ever-changing rules and Federal Regulations.
- Work with Loan Officers and Loan Administration to maintain loan files through phases of the lending process and resolve documentation issues during the origination process.
- Knowledgeable in reviewing, understanding, and extrapolating the necessary information from By-Laws, Operating Agreements, Trust Agreements, and Title Insurance.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the proper documentation of various forms of Commercial and Consumer Loans; build the knowledge necessary to portray an expertise in understanding loan terms and structures.
- Review loan documents prior to loan closing for accuracy, compliance and to correctly explain documents to loan officer.
- Learn current regulations regarding loan documentation and disclosures as well as attend any in-house or outside compliance training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Two years of prior experience in financial institution or loan related field is preferred.
- Must possess discretion, good judgment, and organizational and analytical skills and able to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal and must be able to read, write, speak, and otherwise communicate with customers in English.