Part Time Teller - South
The Part Time Teller position is primarily responsible for meeting Bank customers’ needs for paying and receiving transactions, along with cultivating relationships through promotion of various bank products. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities and work schedules. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- 6 months cash handling and/or customer service skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists customers with various transactions, including checking and savings account withdrawals, deposits, transfers. Examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, issues receipts and answers questions regarding accounts and other bank services.
- Receives loan payments, verifies that payment equals the amount due and issues receipts.
- Processes checks, deposit slips, and other material after verification of signatures and customer balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, etc., to determine negotiability.
- Balances the currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at the end of shift according to established schedule and performance standards. Completes daily cash reports through the bank’s operating computer program.
- Explains and cross-sells products and services to current and prospective customers. Remains current on the latest products and services. Identifies sales opportunities and refers business to proper department.
- May be required to open checking, savings, CD, or IRA accounts.
- Work involves standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing 20+ pounds.